Thursday 18 April 2013

Rains and Me


She became very arrogant and demanding all of a sudden. I almost felt the hard gust of wind with water and dust slap me hard in my face asking me to stay indoors. But then I am not the obedient child of hers anymore.

 I jumped in to the cab shocking the driver. “Cholun Dada”, read lets go, I told him only to realize that nothing was visible from the driver’s seat except the often lightnings in the sky hazed by the storm and heavy rains. The street lights gone out and the traffic moved very very slow. Lucky me not to be at Bantala right now, I thought.

The cab driver regained himself from the shock, thinking as if he couldn't believe me daring to come out of the office building in such weather. “madam, berolen kano ekhon?”, read why did u come out now.
The storm resided 30 minutes later and we started moving. People have come out of the Shed now and are waiting impatiently for the public transport to be home as early as possible. Most of them drenched, with tensed expression in their faces.

The thundering continued with mild shower. It was a very usual rainy evening, the darkness and the rains didn’t seem to sadden me anymore. I enjoyed it. We are becoming friends now , aren't we?


No comments:

Post a Comment