Saturday 21 July 2012

BLOOPERS – Part I


I felt my cheeks turning beet red with the feeling of pure idiocy.
Well, I don’t know how often it happens with you guys, but it happens with me most of the times and the instant reaction that comes to my mind is, “Please Lord…make me invisible or Let the earth open up and swallow me right now!!!

I was on my way home in the usual 6:30pm office bus when it happened. It was too late when I realized that I had done it again. :-( :-(

It was Friday and I was in a very happy mood. I don’t know why but suddenly I felt like singing “Aj main upar….asmaan niche…” . No I had not got a promotion or an onsite and the salary hike had also been meager. No prizes for wild guesses…..No didn’t fall for cupid’s victim this time :P …But whatever be the reason, I was very happy.

I had even managed to beat my competitor in the race of occupying my favorite seat in the bus. I felt a strange satisfaction seeing his disappointed face when he saw me peeping through the window triumphantly. Ahh, what a way to end such a beautiful day! I mused.
 I don’t know anything about him apart from the fact that we both work in the same organization, avail the same bus back home and share the same affinity towards a particular seat the bus. Anyways, let me not get carried away by the emos..

The bus started and I happily plugged in my earphones and got swayed away by the music being played.
I started humming slowly. I must say that I have a pretty good collection of songs to suit my mood swings every now and then.

Those who know me know very well that I am a typical bathroom singer and I hate to sing public. Fortunately or unfortunately I had been always the chosen one to sing in all kind of occasions like republic day, independence day, teachers day and all those innumerable days since childhood. Not one such performance had ended without me turning beet-red after that . And with all those Indian Idol and SAREGAMAPA seasons being telecasted recently the hidden singer in me gets charged up..

So I continue to hum. One song after the another, feeling the lyrics, the tune, the soul of the songs, praising the lyricist and the music director even the actors who have lip sung!

I see the conductor of the bus turning back at times, maybe he is concerned about the people getting down. A sincere one, eh.. But I continue to hum, lip-sing with the earphones ON.

The bus gets stuck in the usual traffic jam . Ughh…. how I hate these moments. Suddenly I feel a cold shudder and I look around. 

Oppsss!!! I see all the eyes in the bus is staring at me! Is everybody smiling! I quickly pass a stern glance at my friend sitting nearby. He almost chockes himself with laughter!

Was I audible? I texted him. Even to the person in the last seat! He texted back. What!!! I passed a nasty look at him again for not warning me. Now I can even see people peeping from their seats to see the person who had stopped singing!


Shit man!! I realized that it had been more than half an hour since the bus started. Oh no!! Even my seat-competitor is smiling at me now. Grrrrrr..

Please Lord…why me all the time??? Now make me invisible or Let the earth open up and swallow me right now!!!

9 comments:

  1. hehehehe..... ei jonnoi part-I diyechi...ekta part e sob chhorano gulo thik asbe na.. :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chaliye jao kakima :P
    Amra achi tomar pashe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sunaina: thanks amar pashe thakar jonno... :P :P kaku ta ke amake pls janio...I am quite interested to meet him .. :D

      Delete
  3. ha ha ha ha good one..............

    ReplyDelete